Communication with PLC5-CH0

wilsonzhu

My PLC5/04's Ch0 is configured as 19200,8,1,none,crc,Control line:Full Duplex Modem in Rslogix 5. Does I need to use null modem or modem serial cable? Thanks a lot.

Lets clarify what PLC or SLC you have first. There is no such thing as a PLC5/04 there is a SLC5/04 that requires RSLogix500 to program it.
RSlogix5 is used to program a PLC5/11,20,30,40,60,80.
In RSLinx the DF1 driver should get you connected.
See PDF below

Last edited:
Sorry, It's PLC5/40. Thank you mickey, according your attached files. I should use null modum crossover 25 pin cable to plc5/40 ch0. I just wonder why in the offline program, it says "Full Duplex Modem" in Control line item of channel 0. Does it used to communicate with other host with modem?

Then, How can I connect to it with laptop on the site if it was last time connected to a modem.Remote data change is disabled. using DH+?

Use the serial port. Connect your laptop using the null-modem cable. Follow the PDF I gave you. RsLinx, DF1 driver click autoconfigure and it should connect. You can then change the port configuration after you get online ,if you like. DH+ connection will require extra equipment ( PCMCIA card, KF2 Box stuff like that)

AutoConfig.jpg