AB Powerflex on Ethernet

Greg Dake

Greetings,

I have a project where I have 10 Powerflex 4 VFD's on a network. There are 2 22-COMM-E modules, each serving 5 VFD's. I'm controlling the drives fine via I/O messaging in multi-drive mode and I'm getting the standard data back from the drive. I would like to get more information back from each drive, such as current and drive temp. I'm currently doing this via explicit messaging and seems a little inefficient to write a message instruction for each drive for each parameter. Can I expand the standard I/O messaging to grab other values out of the drives?
I've been using Rockwell publication number 22COMM-UM004B-EN-P.

TIA,

Greg

Greg Dake said:
Greetings,

I have a project where I have 10 Powerflex 4 VFD's on a network. There are 2 22-COMM-E modules, each serving 5 VFD's. I'm controlling the drives fine via I/O messaging in multi-drive mode and I'm getting the standard data back from the drive. I would like to get more information back from each drive, such as current and drive temp. I'm currently doing this via explicit messaging and seems a little inefficient to write a message instruction for each drive for each parameter. Can I expand the standard I/O messaging to grab other values out of the drives?
I've been using Rockwell publication number 22COMM-UM004B-EN-P.

TIA,

Greg

That was the purpose of Datalinks, but it appears the 22-Comm-E does not allow datalinks. Suppose that was the data sacrificed in the I/O map to allow the multi-drive mode.

Greg, I used to interconect my VFD to my plc´s thru ethernet, since i had a lot of problems including the one you mentioned i changed to devicenet. My biggest problem was timing out due to distance.