screen resolution as per actual P&ID

manmeetvirdi

Hi there

I have P&ID supplied in 1185mmx430mm sheet of paper. I need to convert it into scada screen of resolution 1024x768 pixels. Now how can i go about this.I mean there are tanks in this P&ID,so to what factor i need to reduces the tank height and width so that entire P&ID fits in a opening picture of the scada?
How can make the use of the grids for this purpose?

Thanks for your time,
Manmeet.

manmeetvirdi said:
Hi there

I have P&ID supplied in 1185mmx430mm sheet of paper. I need to convert it into scada screen of resolution 1024x768 pixels. Now how can i go about this.I mean there are tanks in this P&ID,so to what factor i need to reduces the tank height and width so that entire P&ID fits in a opening picture of the scada?
How can make the use of the grids for this purpose?

Thanks for your time,
Manmeet.

P&IDs are not typically intended to be scale drawings.

I would just draw the tanks and other devices so that they look as good as possible. Keep in mind that making the necessary devices and indicators fit on the screen is the priority.

scan it

The size you listed equates to around 46 x 17 inches which is kind of odd... Either way, scan the picture and re-size it to what you need to fit. The aspect ratio is going to change but, it may be worth it to see what you get. From there you can use this as somewhat of a template to draw what you need. If what you have doesn't fit on the screen - you'll just have to break it into multiple screens. Consult with the mechanical system designers on this. They can probably provide you with a logical way of breaking it up multiple screens.

Hi mcafone good idea will give a try to this.
Iam going to make the project in WinCC which has the functionality of "fit to screen", only thing it demands for correct resizing is that the aspect ratio should remain constant.
I have LCD screen with aspect ratio of 16:10, having screen resolution of 1440x900.
Now in order to have large working area so as to fit everything on the screen I will set the size of the screen(.pdl) to 2880x1800 in WinCC , later on when I load the project into machine will select the "Fit to screen" option (to bring it back to orignal screen resolution)!!
Will give a try this on monday as the machine has not yet arrived.
But will this work??

Last edited:
WINcc Aspect ratio

Don't know what you are describing exactly - never used WinCC. Looking at different scada packages now for a project. how do you like WinCC?