Function Blocks are a mess after changing screen resolution

kenhinds

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello.

For a FactoryTalk View SE application, I recently upsized the PC monitor to a 46 inch. Now after changing the resolution to make everything look normal in FTV, when I open Studio 5000 to view the program, the function blocks now appear to be pressed for space. The blocks are overlapping one another, and the connector lines are wrapping around the blocks making it confusing to look at. It looks like a hastily prepared Visio drawing.

If I change the screen resolution back, the blocks and line layout returns to normal.

I would just change all the blocks manually for this new resolution, but there are nearly 100 sheets full of blocks, plus I would like to handle this without a download.

Other than changing the screen resolution anytime I want to view the code, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

(This is FTV SE vsn 9, and Studio 5000 vsn 31.)

Happens with pretty much anything that uses pixel references for where to place objects. When you change the resolution you change your pixel count along the X and Y axis. But the pixel reference isn't changed to accomodate that by the software. so they land on the same X/Y coordinate. Packing them together. Not a thing you can do but move them around.

Change page by page better if offline, you do not have to download anything just because your are changing blocks location not programming (be careful with wire connections). Several cups of coffee will be enough.

That's a drag but it makes sense. It really is illegible now so I'm going to have to do the offline fix and download.