A/B 2/15 or 2/05 pinout needed

ke6gwf

Howdy Ya'all!

I got a couple of questions on the pinout for the interface connector for the A/B PLC 2/15 or 2/05 (should be the same).

First, what pins do the Transport Cable (I don't have the # handy) use to provide memory backup power?
I have tested and pulled the 2/15 apart, but can't trace, find continuity, or voltage on the 15 pin, that seems to match the Bat+ from the backplane. And I haven't been able to find the pinout from A/B. If I have to, I will find an unconnected pin (I think I saw at least one) on the 15 pin, and jumper it to the Bat+ line...

Second, what pins do the 25.5vdc EPROM programming PS 1771-P3? use, and is it just a straight PS, anotherwords, could I just put a couple of gel cells in series for 24vdc?

Also, one of my 1771-PA PS' died a couple of days ago. It was a hot day, and the PS is in an unvented cabinet. It did nothing, but when power was removed, the DC light would flash. Then I went to test it yesterday when it was cool, and it works fine. What should I look at as a bad/going bad component?

And finally, I am doing a project for my church involving interfacing the new DMX512 stage lighting system to the old 24v latching low voltage house lighting system, and unless I find an easy and cheap way to interface direct to the DMX, I am going to use a spare dimmer, and input it into one of my PLC 2/15 units to give single channel cascading control over house lights (10-15 circuits). So I need an Analog Input card. I will run a transformer off of the dimmer, so any voltage will work, as would an external 8-16 step A/D converter. (I have lots of AC input cards)
Price is key, since this a no-budget project. (read out-of-pocket)
I have seen them on Ebay before, almost won one a while back too, but all the ones I am seeing now are in the $2-300 starting range, and I need $20-30 range!

Thank you,
Ben Blackburn
Blackburn Services
Napa Valley, CA
[email protected]

The 1771-P3 is a in slot power supply, 5.6vdc, 3A, 8W and has nothing to do with the EPROM or PLC memory.

The 1772-PA is a power supply assembly that consists of a 1770-P3 (Regulated 25.5vdc power supply) and a 1772-CA cable which are used to power the EPROM programming function.

The transport cable 1772-CD also has nothing to do with programming the EPROM, it is used to maintain PLC memory while you replace the AA battery in the processor. The 1772-CD cable is used with the 1771-BB battery pack containing two D size batteries.

The 1772-PA is a power supply assembly for 120vac use.
The 1772-PA is a power supply assembly for 220vac use.

The pinout for the 1772-CA power cable is as follows;

On the 15 pin side -------------------Three pin side (Molex)
pin 9 = Shield ----------------------Pin 2 = Shield
Pin 10= Pos.(+) ----------------------Pin 1 = Pos. (white)
pin 14= Neg.(-) ----------------------Pin 3 = Neg. (Blk)

The Pinout for the 1772-CD, transport cable is as follows;

pin 9 = Shield ----------------------Pin 3
Pin 15= White ------------------------Pin 1
pin 14= Black ------------------------Pin 2

Allen Bradley chassis power supplies are designed to lock-out at under/over voltage, could this be why your power supply stopped functioning?

Good luck, don't blow anything up.
Roger

Last edited: