Micrologix1200/Panelview 550 help

volts

Hello to everyone...

I have a basic understanding of RSLOGIX 500 programming, and very little of Panelviews. I am migrating from one-SLC-150 unit + one-expansion unit connected with a T-CAT unit (TCAT is used to see the sequencer steps and timers values) to a Micrologix 1200 (L40AWA) + one Panlview550 touch screen unit. I have written the RS logix program (in it I have a sequencer that has R6:0 as control, with length of 16 steps). In my panelview I want to display the sequencer steps value (R6:0.POS) and also want to see/change the timers' PRE and ACC values . In regards to the sequerncer steps value, I talked to a local person here, who instructed me to use a COPY instruction in my RS LOGIX to put the R6:0.POS value into N7:20 where the panelview can see it from a numeric display instruction via an embedded variable. As for the displaying and changing timers values I have no idea.

Any detailed help in how to program in the PLC and Panelview would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
volts

You basically have a choice:

1. Display each timer's PRE and ACC seperately
Disadvantage - a bunch of controls
Advantage - you can name each, locate possibly different decimal points correctly, provide limits of entry and provide scaling if appropriate.

2. Display/modify based on the control step

In ladder code determined by the control step move each timer's ACC and PRE into common registers.

Display these common registers on the display

Provide for an 'update' button to trigger ladder code which moves the changed preset back into the original timer

Advantage - only one set of controls
Disadvantage - lack of easy naming ability (could be done with messages tied to the control value), lack of limits control, the need for supporting laddetr code.

Thanks

bernie_carlton... (thePLCquy)

I would like to thank you for your helpful hints, I have been able to finalize the micrologix1200/panelview550 setup.

volts