Omron Comms

kb9tua

We have an Omron PLC w/CJ1M CPU11 PA202 processor.
We have new comms cables. We have CX-Programmer v4.02 software. We used to be able to make changes to the PLC program. The last change that I attempted to make, we received a comms error. Nothing that I've tried has enabled us to communicate with this PLC. I've been able to communicate with other PLC's of this nature. I believe the com port on the PLC might be damaged. It has a display that connects to the peripheral port, that isn't having any issues. I have a new processor on order but, I don't know when it will get here. Is there any way to set up PLC comms through the peripheral port instead?

Check CPU dipswitch #5 for ON position. If ON, you should be able to connect Sysmac WAY 7,e,2@9k6.
If off, it follows the port settings as set in the PLC setup.