ascii and slc504

larryt

I have connected a slc504 with hyperterminal (Crosstalk, actually) and I'm trying to send integers through the serial port. When I use the AWT instruction, I see strange characters on the hyperterminal screen, but not the ones I type in to the ST17 file. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Have you tried different settings? or have you verified that they are the same, I did it last week and something like that happened to me also, my baud rates did not match... I was getting charters but not the correct ones

LarryT,

One thing that I have found is that it is possible to have one serial config in a software program and another in the entry under the serial port entry in Device Manager. This conflict can be the source of the trouble. Your port may not be set up to what you think it is. This may sound strange, but I have seen it occur on more than one machine.

I've not used Crosstalk for a long time, but I find that the old time "Terminal.exe" is very handy for doing serial / ASCII work. It has definable function keys that, once setup, will send your strings with a click of the screen icon. This old program used to be in the early OSs like Win95, etc. but it still works well (currently using it in XP Pro).

Best Regards,

Bob A.