Motoman XRC DeviceNet option

mikeyboy

I am currently retrofiting a handling system and the Motoman robot in it has a DeviceNet option board. It is a Motoman JARCR-XFB01 board. Slave only board. I do not have an EDS file for this board and am not sure how to set it in my network. I currently have 2 Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500's with 1769-sdn scanners in them that are working. I can see the motoman board but it is an unreconized device. Any ideas????

Hi,
I'm not familiar with the devicenet board,but with a profibus option board you need to install a GSD file into the hardware config of the programming software for the master to recognise it(in my case Siemens S7)

you could also try here:
http://www.robot-forum.com/robotforum/index.php

post a query in the Yaskawa section.

I have the EDS file for Motoman robots at work. Unfortunately am going back to work on Tuesday. If you can hang on till then I can send you the info.