MVI56-DPVM1/Diagnostics Area

djpalaz

Hello,

I need to read the diagnostics area from a slave profibus device using a MVI56-DPVM1. I was able to read diagnostics data using a SST-PFB-CLX-DTM in the status area. The config for the MVI56-DPVM1 is different it does not have a status area. Any ideas how I can retreive the diagnostics area.

Hello djpalaz;
The MVI56_PDPMV1_User_Manual, that you can find on the Prosoft website (http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/8109)
explains the sample laddder that you can find on the same page.
Once you have set it up properkly in your project, you will get diagnostics that resemble what you used in the SST card:
If (slave is present)and (Slave has no fault) Then (slave is OK).

This example is from one of our projects:
ProsoftDP_diags.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I need more than just the comm status. The status area in the SST card provided diagnostics of the slave module for example if node 2(MCC) would have an overload. The slave would write its node address in the status area with the error information. The status area is shared among all slaves.

hello djpalaz;
I don't know exactly what you are expecting, it can only be within the limits of what Profibus-DP allows.
Included in the sample ladder,there is a routine called ReadAlarm. It uses the job mailbox to interrogate slaves that show diagnostic information. See how you can use it in your application.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello Daniel,

Its actually called extended diagnostics. I can see the data using the Prosoft Configuration software. If you go to Bus Configuration and then double click the node it opens the Online Slave Properties window, then press the Diagnostics tab you can see under normal circumstances:

bit 2.3: WD_ON
master address: 1
etc...

When a fault occurs on the slave module the info changes to:

bit 1.3: Ext. diag.
bit 2.3: WD_ON
master address: 1
Trip: PTC

I'm looking for the info PTC it must store it in some tag. In the SST card it would store this info in the Status area of the profibus card.

I can see that the node has diagnostic data since when you set the bit MVI56PDPMV1.Command.getStatus
to 1. You can see the value in the tag MVI56PDPMVi.Status.Fieldbus.FB.Slave_Diag[0]
change. Each bit in the tag corresponds to a slave node address.