S7 - SCL Question

STL???

Hi,
I have to look at a new machine next week which has been partially programmed in SCL.

I believe there is a Source and a compiled file when programming using SCL, Just to be 100%, Do i need to ask for both files so if future modification is needed i'm covered?

thanks Steve

You need the source file in order to troubleshoot and to make any modifications.
You need the compiled file if you want to be able to download the program immediately, or if you do not have SCL.

Source File

The source file is what you'll need to be able to change any functions in that block. The compiled file is what u use when you are calling the source file in the Program Structure... You only need the source file in this case if you want to edit the software.

Regards

Last edited: