rexroth plc ???

irondesk40

has anyone had any experience with rexroth plc's?
I did a search and found them at boshrexroth.com

have to admit, never heard of them. Have done ab,ormron,idec,siemens and directsoft, but not familiar with them.

Curious, because I have been offered a job and that is what they use.

The only ones I know of are in the Indramat range. I'm just about finished commissioning my first project using a PPC controller which is basically a motion controller with a Co-De-Sys PLC bolted on the side. It makes quite a powerfull combination but not without its quirks.

Nick

Yes,

The Rexroth / Indralogic controllers are based on the Codesys programming system. It follows the IEC 61131 Programming system of having multiple languages available to do your programming.

You can get an overview here:
http://www.boschrexroth.com/business_units/brc/subwebsites/product_catalogue/en/automationsystems_en/indralogic_en/indralogic_controller_en/index.jsp

Units come with base I/O and are expandable with "inline" I/O slices on the right side and specialty modules (such as high speed counters) on the lefet side.

I'm not sure the lower end models (L10, L15) have been released in the states yet. I have an L20 w/ Profibus Master so I konw that configuration is available.

There is a CoDeSys specific forum here but it doesn't get near the traffic that PLCS.net gets:
http://forum-en.3s-software.com/

<disclaimer - I work for a Bosch Rexroth distributor>