Altivar VFD

khanz

Hi all,
I am using altivar31 VFD. Through PLC I am giving a signal to L1 of the VFD for controlling the speed of the motor. Now I want a fault indicator. So that I can see it on the panel board. I have studied the manual. In the manual it is mentioned that use the relays. Now how to use these relays. And tell me if there is any other way beside using relays. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

The Altivar has two output relays, RA with normally open and normally closed contacts and RB with a normally open contact. Both relays are programmable with respect to what triggers their activation; a fault, a reference speed attained, brake control, etc.

Here is a link to the programming manual: http://www.alamedaelectric.com/Modicon Documents/AC Drive ATV31 Prog Manual.pdf

see page 32 specifically to program the relay outputs

The only other way I imagine to communicate with the Altivar would be some kind of field bus option; profibus, devicenet, etc. I suggest you contact your Telemecanique rep for more information.

Hi all,
First of all thanx for the suggessions. But one thing more that I want to ask. should I power these relays or not. Or these relays works as an output. Out of R1A, R1B and R1C how can I connect an indicator light. Because there is nothing in the manual. R1A normally Open, R1B Normally closed and R1C is the common.

The relay will energise during fault connecting the R1C to R1A.
If the lamp is 24v DC then connect +24v to R1C, connect another wire from R1A to one terminal of the lamp. COnnect the other terminal of the lamp to 0V.

There should be a drawing to illustrate this in the manual...