Ethernet over UHF Radios

Wireless ethernet (most commonly called WLAN) has to use compression techniques to reach 54Mb/s on microwaves (2.4GHz). Depending on the frequency range of the UHF radio I figure you'll be restricted to datarates well below 10MB/s. If I may assume you are talking about the 430-440MHz band, then you have to consider the fact that in some area's you can get interference from radio hams and will have to live with it.

Kind regards,

RF data rates are limited to 19200bps at UHF (400 to 470 MHz). At 900MHz you can achieve RF data rates up to 54Mbps. At 2.4 GHz you can achieve RF data rates up to 108Mbps. Do you see the correlation between frequency and RF data rates?

Not claiming to be any kind of expert or such here, but we have used MDS radios to link PLC's over Ethernet. We are on the 900 MHz spectrum.

Dependent on the frequency, you may need a license. Check with your radio vendor for assistance.

Wireless Transmitters Help

Hi All,

I am requested to transfer signal using wireless transmitters that is branded either Motorolla, Siemens Or Emerson.

Can anyone help me with catalogue, website, manual any details about any of them.

required is UHF 2.4Ghz transmitters for around 15-20 KM.

Thanks in advance

May I inquire why the 2.4 GHz band is all you are permitted? Are you joining an existing wireles network? Are the sites clearly visible to each other without any obstacles nearby? The MDS series from GE is am excellent choice as well.

Not claiming to be any kind of expert or such here, but we have used MDS radios to link PLC's over Ethernet. We are on the 900 MHz spectrum.

Dependent on the frequency, you may need a license. Check with your radio vendor for assistance.

iNET & iNET-II use the Spread Range of 900MHz & 2.4GHz
SD9 uses the Licensed Range of 900MHz

I have some i-NET-IIs and they will do polling(modbus over IP) but over the air programming is not an option. MDS has a Mercury line that utilizes WiMax technology that has a much higer data rate but is available in in 3.6GHz. Due to the higher data rates the range is shorter.