Is it possible to pass I/O through a Powerflex 70?

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a very remote motor that I need to control and plan on doing it via RIO and a 20-COMM module. I know that you can have local DIs for drive control on a PF70, but can I configure a local DI and then read the status (likely via BTR) in the PLC with no real control to the drive? I want to bring in a zero speed switch to the drive and read its status. Would keep me from having to run another conduit and wire.

I'm thinking maybe assign an input as 'not used', but if I do so, does the status still toggle?

I guess another hokey method is to assign it as accel2 and just set both accels the same.

Last edited:
I have done this exact thing using DeviceNet and 20-Comm-D with 1336 Plus II, PF70, and PF700. I set one of the datalinks to the parameter for the digital inputs (param 216). Set the parameter (param 361-366) for the digital in you're using to "Not Used". The PLC will see the input while the drive ignores it.

gmferg said:
I have done this exact thing using DeviceNet and 20-Comm-D with 1336 Plus II, PF70, and PF700. I set one of the datalinks to the parameter for the digital inputs (param 216). Set the parameter (param 361-366) for the digital in you're using to "Not Used". The PLC will see the input while the drive ignores it.

Great! That's exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure that "Not Used" still showed up in 216. I knew Accel2 would.

Thanks for confirming!!