PICO Analog input

plongson

We are using a PICO 1760-L12DWD ser.B (12dc unit). It is controlling a remote site genset/well pump. I want to input the varying voltage from the fuel gauge to build a safety system, to shut doun the genset if the fuel runs low.
Here is my plan...
I need to modify the I07 or I08 input to switch on at 4.5vdc. This is the voltage coming out of the gauge when the float is low asd the gauge reads EMPTY.

FULL= .5vdc
EMPTY= 4.5vdc

Is this possible??

Any other suggestions???

Thanks in advance!
PAUL...

Last edited:
I have never work with the pico but i guess that inputs 7 and 8 are digital inputs, aren't they?If that is correct, the only option you have is to use and external signal monitor that you have to set up as mentioned, ie ON at 5V and OFF at 4.5 volts.
On the other side if inputs 7 and 8 are analog inputs let´s say 0-10 VDC the what you have to do is to use a comparator in your ladder softwate to turn on a bit when input is 5V and turn it off at 4.5 V.

Inputs 7 and 8 are configurable as 0-10VDC inputs

Shouldn't be a problem. If Input 7 (or 8) less than 4.5, output 0 (or whichever is the genset) is ON

Thanks for the replys. I think I got it worked out, here is what I did...

Yes, 07 and 08 can be configured as analog when the analog comparator/threshhold value switch is inserted. Under PARAMETERS, I set I1 to 7 (07) and I2 to NU (constant) then set the value to 450 (4.5v). Both I07 and I08 along with the C/TVS with a marker at the end...VIOLA.

Using the simulator slider bar, it appears to switch 0/1 right where I need it.

Looks good on paper, like they say. Gotta' try it out for real now...

Thanks!!