Suitable Scada

eng_ehab

Hi All

I'm A Begginer And Want To Ask About :

How Can I Connect (slc 500 5/20b) With A Suitable Scada ?
What Is The Tools I Should Have To Take Action ?!
What Is The Suitable Scada I Should Have Software Name ,...etc

Thank You

eng_ehab said:
Hi All

I'm A Begginer And Want To Ask About :

How Can I Connect (slc 500 5/20b) With A Suitable Scada ?
What Is The Tools I Should Have To Take Action ?!
What Is The Suitable Scada I Should Have Software Name ,...etc

Thank You

I read the statment (slc 500 5/20b) and say this is not one plc but two.

The SLC 500 is one PLC but we need the next part which is dependent on the type of processor in the first slot,503,504,505 are most common.

The second PLC you name is 5/20b this I Think is a PLC5/20B which I believe to be a DH+ version of PLC5.

With Some clarification on the type number's' we are more able to assist you.

Yes, we know you asked about connecting with scada. But the information you've given us doesn't tell us what PLC you're wanting to connect to scada.

Your first post gave conflicting information -- was it a SLC or a PLC. A 5/20B is a PLC5, not a SLC.

Even now, we don't have enough information -- now we know you have a SLC500, but WHICH SLC500. If it's truly a SLC500, that is an OLD brick-style unit, which I would almost bet the farm you don't have.

Most people say SLC500 as a generic term for the SLC platform of AB PLC's. Different models of SLC (SLC500, SLC 5/01, SLC 5/02, SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04, SLC 5/05) require different platforms of communication (DF1, DH485, DH+, ethernet). To tell you how to communicate with it, we need to know EXACTLY which SLC500 you have.

So, give us all the information you have about your PLC and we can give you the information you seek. Give us the model number for your PLC.

Then, as far as a suitable SCADA... you will get many, many different suggestions that will all work. It's kinda like trying to answer the question "What's a suitable car?" with no further specifications or requirements being given.

And to answer the next obvious question (Which one is best?) will purely be a matter of preference. What do you intend to do with it? Are you going to be doing any data collection or report generation? Is it for a single-node or a multi-node system? If it's multi-node, do you want a server-client or a peer-peer system? What SCADA products are supported in your area? What are you already using in your location? Do you have experience with any particular SCADA?

thank you OZEE

at the first post i said that i'm just a begginer in this field
whaever i got all data you want
the module is slc 500-5/04 , wanna conncet it with scada ,what are steps i shall take ?!

is my answer is clear now :)