Citect SCADA have no suitable protocol for GE PLC CPE400 redundancy

hansenkhoo

Hi, I had a client upgraded their system to use a set of redundant PLC system with GE PLC CPE400, and a Citect 8.0 (2016) SCADA to get data with.

The problem is I cant find a suitable protocol for their communication, as I am using UDTs for most of my PLC tags, which is unable to assign memory address.

First we tried OPC UA, but redundant IP doesn't support OPC UA protocol, only hardware IP supports, which defeats the purpose of redundancy when I cant connect to both at once.

Then I tried SRTP, but too bad Citect driver doesn't support symbolic addressing.

SRTP, ModbusTCP, and other protocols needs memory address to be read, which my UDT tags cant be assigned one.

Anyone can help me? thanks