Ethernet Communicaiton

salman111a

I want to take data from Ethenet bridge module of Control logix 1756-ENBT A with 10/100 Base T Ethernet to my PC with 10/100 BaseT LAN port. The distance between two is 180 m.

Now i have got three solutions

1-Fibre optics (costly but reliable)

2- Use ethernet repeater in between (is not appreciable as i have to install ethenet repeater in the field)

3- USe DSL convetors at both ends. With DSL i am getting speed of 1.5Mbs .is it ok?? Also with lots of transformers in the field wont my signal get disturbed due to Electromagnetic Distortion?

I want to switch towards Cost effective DSL solution but these two questions bother me alot

Regards
Salman

Data gathering is a "Catch22" subject.

As soon as you get some, they want more.

Fiber is my choice. Easy to splice, many converters available and is isolates electricaly your central system from the field.