URGENT - MSG instruction over DH+ (CLX to slc)

MGuenette

Hi

I have an integer that I want to transfer from a CLX to a SLC500.

The CLX is on a ethernet network and the SLC is linked with DH+ cable on the CLX.

I'm note able to find the technote on WWW.AB.COM. I always have a fault "class or instance are not supported"

thanks
Martin.

I believe you will have to control it via the SLC using a MSG instruction. You will have to identify the destination tag as a N: type tag.

In the CLX program, at the top menu, drop down LOGIC and you will see MAP PLC/SLC MESSAGES. Here you can point the N: tag to the tag you want in the CLX.

EDIT: the length of the send message and the destination length must be the same.

Last edited:
Greetings Martin ...

this might sound like "overkill" but if you can post the program files for both the CLX and the SLC, then I should be able to just post a full "silver-platter" answer for you ...

am I correct in assuming that the MSG instruction will be located in the CLX? ...

things to look for: send an INT and not a DINT ... specify the SLC's OCTAL DH+ address as DECIMAL in the path ... is the DH+ on port A or port B of the DHRIO? ...

details like that will drive you nuts ...

Ron,

I have a temperature that I wnat to send in a SLC. The SLC is controlling some general alarms like our freezer temperature.

The tag in my CLX is called : TEMPERATURE_LEVURE2 (INT)

On this CLX, I have DH+ card on slot 3.

On the channel B and node 2, I have the SLC where I want to send my integer.

I want to send the TEMPERATURE_LEVURE2 to N10:24.

Here's my msg instruction in my CLX

Comm.jpg

Config.jpg

thanks

Ron Beaufort said:
things to look for: send an INT and not a DINT ... specify the SLC's OCTAL DH+ address as DECIMAL in the path ... is the DH+ on port A or port B of the DHRIO? ...

Tip - if you enter the DH+ node as 8#(insert node number here) then CLX will convert it to decimal for you.

MGuenette said:
The tag in my CLX is called : TEMPERATURE_LEVURE2 (INT)

On this CLX, I have DH+ card on slot 3.

On the channel B and node 2, I have the SLC where I want to send my integer.

I want to send the TEMPERATURE_LEVURE2 to N10:24.

Here's my msg instruction in my CLX

Comm.jpg

thanks

Is the DHRIO card in your IO tree? If you are using it for communications only, then it should not be. If you are using it for RIO, then Yes it should be.

Try placing 1,3 in place of the ETH_REM in your path.

Last edited:
Oakley said:
Is the DHRIO card in your IO tree? If you are using it for communications only, then it should not be. If you are using it for RIO, then Yes it should be.

Try placing 1,3 in place of the ETH_REM in your path.

I use it for communication only. The Channel A is used as a RIO.
The card is in my IO tree

Last edited:
Ron Beaufort said:
is "ETH_REM" the name of your DHRIO module? ... or the address of an Ethernet module? ...

if it's the DHRIO, then try this:

Comm.jpg

does not work. I tired this before. Put 0 in the source link AND/OR destination link

I have seen that I have a fault on my DH+RIO card on my CLX. the fault is Connection Request Error. Can I reset the module without affecting anything the status of the plc connected on the CH_A in RIO mode?

Is your Channel B configured for DH+? Is the speed correct?

These are rotary switches on the card itself.

What is the speed of the RIO? If it is 230K then you cannot use channel B for anything.

I already read some integer on the same SLC so I guess that I sould be able to write somethin in it. I have 4 SLCs connected on the DH+ network

I already read some integer on the same SLC

can you post screen shots of one of those "successful" setups? ... I'm offline for the rest of today - but that information will certainly be useful to others who are trying to help ...

I think those other SLC Typed Read messages are part of your problem.

I suspect you're requesting the 1756-DHRIO to perform more than one message at a time to the same node, or that you're requesting a Cached Connection as well as an Uncached Connection.

You will probably have to set up your MSG instructions so they all execute in sequence.