Logix 1756 5575 Redundancy Issue -- Urgent Help Requested

QasimFSH

Guys, please help me with this urgently.

We have Logic 5575 installed in hot n standby setup. For some reason, the primary now cannot sync with secondary. Sync starts, but gets stuck at 54%, every time.
We have tried rebooting secondary chassis, replaced the CPUs, as well as changed the RM module there as well. Simply cannot understand what's causing this, especially since its been working fine for some time.

Sync Stuck.png

Sec Qulaifying Stuck.jpg

What does the Redundancy Configuration Tool show in the event logs?

Are both processors on a DLR ring? Check the health of the DLR if so.

Last edited:
Yes, they are. But we have other PLC pairs here as well and they are working fine. Can it still be an issue with a DLR?

Yes, they are. But we have other PLC pairs here as well and they are working fine. Can it still be an issue with a DLR?

Yes....there's a tech note about if you lose one leg of the DLR, that can cause a hang up in the synchronization. Have no idea if that's what's going on, but unless you're monitoring DLR health, the Ring will still work for other devices with one leg lost, but could cause issue with the Redundancy synch. Also, what are the event logs saying in the configurator?

Not much of help. We tried all of this but did not help. Ended up reboot the primary PLC (after setting up the other one as primary), and that resolved the issue. No clue yet about the real cause of this