ControlLogix 1756-IB16D and 1756-OB16D Diagnostics

sdeer

We have a project where we have the 1756-L82Es in redundancy with Remote IO Backplant via EN2TRs.

Everything works and is redundant but we can not get the diagnostic functions of the input and output boards to work. I understand the fault bits can signify things such as on the OB16Ds1 = fault (OpenWire OR FieldPwrLoss OR FuseBlown OR NoLoad OR OutputVerifyFault OR FieldPwrLoss OR CommFault)

and then on the IB16Ds I belive its just Wire Off?.

I have the input module wired up with the leakage resistors and catches the circuit open and closed status just fine with the 24VDC signal, however i would expect to see a fault if the voltage dropped. I see nothing in the module configuration to help with these diagnotsics.

Also my controller tags dont seem to be using the module defined types AB:1756_DI_DC_Diag:I:0 and AB:1756_DO_DC_Diag:I:0

Instead the tags are using the AB:1756_ENET_SLOT:I:0 module defined data types.

Looking for some guidance on what i could be missing as the RA documentation doesnt go over this in great detail.

Using the latest Studio 5000, Latest Frimware in the RM2, EN2TR, and L82E

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

In the properties for these modules, check to see if they are configured as Rack Optimized. When configured as Rack Optimized you lose all of the diagnostic information. Look at the "Connection" setting on the General page.

Unfortunately this setting cannot be modified. To change it you must delete the module and add it back. When adding it back, make sure you select "Data" instead of Rack Optimized. Rack Optimized is the default setting.

OG