RSLogix Error Message "No open Connection"

zetucker

I have a Flex Logix processor on a packaging line that is mainly used to collect fault messages and line configuration from the rest of the line. I am trying to modify some of our line configuration code and when I attempt to go online with the processor I receive the following error message.

NoConnectError.JPG

This line has 5 Control Logix processors in addition to this Flex Logix. There is also a number of Kinetix and Powerflex drives. There is a rather large ControlNet set up. I suspect that I have a problem with the ControlNet but everything is working fine and I don't see any problems. Can anyone give me some direction on where to go from here? I've searched the AB Knowledgebase to no avail.

Thanks

It does sound like the controller is suffering from information overload and doesn't have a CIP connection available for RSLogix 5000 to connect.

Some ideas about that particular error message are described in RA Knowledgebase Article ID # 40583.