Profibus Messaging using Prosoft PTQ

moon

Hi I am new to this so please bear with me. I am trying to access and modify parameters that are on these DP slaves. These parameters are not exposed via the standard mechanism as set up in the GSD files. Any help would be most welcome. We are using Schneiders Quantum and Prosoft PTQ module. The slaves are on PA and we are using a DP to PA gateway to attach to these PA slaves.Thanks

Hello moon;

Parameters of PA slaves are not available through acyclic communications of Profibus, such as is available for DP slaves.

You will need an external software to access them, such as PDM from Siemens, or Fieldcare from Endres+Hauser (we have used both in our projects).

Both of them require specialized hardware to communicate as Masters Class 2 over Profibus. We use a CP5512 (on a laptop) with PDM, and Fieldgate (E+H Ethernet/DP gateway) for Fielcare.

Both of these software packages allow you to connect and parametrize all your PA instruments, PDM uses EDDL for the instrument datasheets, Fieldcare uses FDT/DTM.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier

Thanks, but is there any way to set these parameters- the PTQ module has a mailbox feature - I thought that we can maybe use this feature to access these parameters?

Thanks again

Hello moon;

I have not worked with the PTQ module; but our projects use a Prosoft MVI56-PDPMV1 master in a Controllogix platform.

This module also has a mailbox feature.

We also use a GE Fanuc Profibus-DP master in RX3i bases.

We still need to use PDM or Fieldcare up to now with our PA instruments for parametrization.

If you find out otherwise (maybe by contacting Prosoft technical support)please be sure to inform us, we at least would be very interested in knowing how.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier