RsviewStudio: How to connect Scadalarm

fslagrimas

hi guys ,need help how to connect scadalarm on the RsviewStudio,will it support to start DDE...thanks..what is the Default DDE Application name...thanks again guys..

Last edited:
My sales rep told me Studio does not support SCADAlarm. They want us to use Messenger. We use RSView32 and run the RTData server to run SCADAlarm. The rep said RTData server is not available in studio.

thanks for the reply.I just also searched that only rsview32 supported scadalarm..Hope you wont mine what is "Messenger",i just dont have any idea...thanks.

[font='Arial','sans-serif']This is the email i received.[/font]
[font='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]
[font='Arial','sans-serif']SCADAlarm 5.0[/font]
[font='Arial','sans-serif']You are currently utilizing SCADAlarm by Wonderware as a software messenger “phone dialer” program that is integrated into RSView 32. I reviewed with the Wonderware factory, and by itself this package cannot be used with FTView SE as the FTView SE acts as a DDE client only, and not as a DDE server. As such, while it can ultimately be integrated with the FTView SE package, it does require a middleware product by Wonderware known as FSGateway in order to communicate to the same data source. There is a comparable package by Spectre that is known as WIN9/11 which integrates very simply into the FTView SE architecture without any additional products, and in fact there is a good app guide attached here “Messenger” which provides a synopsis as to the configuration and integration involved.[/font]
[font='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]
[font='Arial','sans-serif']The "attached" app guide is Rockwell Tech note # 31302 Titled "Using Messenger with RSView SE". I say "attached" because there was nothing attached and i cannot find Tech note #31302 on the Rockwell website.[/font]

You may use U.C.ME-OPC with RSView32. OPC connection may be used instead of DDE. Utilizing cellular modems you can send alarm messages to any cell phone. Email connection is not required. You may also acknowledge alarms using your cell phone, query or change tag values using your cell phone. You may download a trial version at www.controlsee.com .