RSViewStudio ME Enterprise Setup

Yokes9

I have been trying to connect a SLC 5/04 (logics 500) and a AB PV Plus 600(ME). I use a null modem cable to connect to the computer to the PLC, a straight through serial cable from PLC to PV, and the PV to computer with an ethernet. I've been trying to get this to work off and on for some time now.

I need to figure out how to correctly set up a shortcut In RSview Studio ME. This is what my communication "Local" looks like.
Local.jpg

(The computer browsed and found this all)

This is what my "Target" looks like.
Target.jpg

(The serial DF1's I added myself while experimenting)

I'm not sure how to set this shortcut up so my PV and PLC will communicate (RS Studio is new here this year so no one knows how to set this up). I've writen the Programs for both devices and set up the binary. I don't have class again till monday but I'll check this at home tonight and tomorrow. Thanks!

When you set your Target path you are defining where the HMI should look for the PLC, not where you are looking for the HMI. On the Target screen, highlight the PLC and then save the shortcut. You will need to download to the HMI, making sure that the Replace Communications box is check.

Keith

Local is how your PC talks to the PLC. This is for development purposes and has no impact on the PV+. As mentioned, the Target is where you configure how the PV+ gets to the PLC. Only the target gets downloaded to the PV+.

OG