OT: (Very!) a little favour...

timbo_uk

🤷

Hi all,

(Firstly to the moderators, if I am pushing it a little posting this please delete it!)

Hope this is taken in the right way :)

I am in the final round of a competition in the UK to win a makeover of a room by Dulux. The competition is being run by Virgin Media.

There is now a short list of 10 finalists. We had to send in a picture of a room in desperate need of a makeover. I sent in a picture of the hallway in our house (that I am still in the process of doing up!).

We have been very much in the lead of the voting for the last couple of days, but now one of the other finalists is catching up :(

You only get one vote each, and all my family and freinds have now voted. My wife is allready planning the colours, and this is really what we need at the moment after the recent building work almost bankrupting us. (Loads of unforseen extras that took us thousands over budget)

Anyway, enough rambling (if you got this far!)

Could you take a look at the link below and have a quick flick through the 10 finalists. If you think number 4 is the nastiest room you have seen for a long time and deserves to win, then please select number 4 to win. 🤞🏻

If you think any of the others deserve to win then please dont vote :) :)

http://www.virginmedia.com/homefamily/house/colourcalamities/colour-calamities-competition-gallery.php?ssid=1

Many thanks.

I voted for ya. Good luck.
I have been getting estimates for a kitchen remodel $$$$. Man o Man,
I keep telling them I don't want a new house just some cabinets and counter top. There are some people in this world making a whole bunch of money.

Thanks, yes its certainly not us making the big bucks. Its the quick in and out cowboys with no care for final quality. Think thats where people like us have gone wrong in the financial stakes!

Here's my suggestion for an alternative colour scheme:

hall001.JPG

Good luck.

L D[AR2 said:
How do you know you've voted ?

When you first visit the page at the right hand side there are 10 options shown for which finalist to choose. Once you click on the number of the one you want to win (4!), a cookie is placed, then the list is replaced with a chart of the current (well seems to be updated every so often) percentages of votes.

Not the neatest way of doing it, but it seems to work!

So if you see the bar charts, then you have voted.

L D[AR2 said:
Yes - the carpet pattern seems to be fractal based :)

I know, its awful!
I did not pick it, it was in the house when we bought it. Just not replacing until the rest of the house is done.

Anyway, got to concentrate now on my serious Siemens IP266 post I am currently writing :)

Thanks all for your votes so far.

Tim