Monitoring S5 block status problem

Marshy

Hi,
Had a problem today where I wanted to monitor the Block Status in Step 5. (I was using the AS511 interface). However when I enetered the block status screen I got the message: "Function idenfier in IF unknown" I was able to monitor variables in the Status Variable screen though?

We normally connect to the PLC over the "Industrial Ethernet(SINEC H1)" interface, I just didn't a patch lead in my bag at the time. When I finally got one and connected to the PLC over the IE inteface all worked OK?

Does anyone have any idea why it didn't work on the AS511 interface?

Cheers

p.s. I had searched the forumn for the problem and found 2 threads, but neither of them came to a solution?

Rich

That's a new one on me. Sounds like it was still looking at the H1 stuff in the path file.

There have always been a few quirks monitoring is S5. I remberber once using a PG635 to monitor an "AND before OR" type segment in ladder on a machine that was processing polypropylene film at 1000M/Min; the processor went straight to stop! What a mess.

Nick