3G Ethernet Modem

AussieSparky

Giday all.
I am looking at connecting remotely to a network which consists of a MicroLogix 1500 with a SDN (several devicenet modules and E3's), Net-Eni connected to a spider, which in turn is connected to a PC with CITEC.Also in future plan a SLC with 505.
What I was hoping was to be able to instal some form of 3G Ethernet Modem connected to the spider and hence access all components.
Theres no phone lines at the machine and would be looking at a 3G usb/pcmcia modem for my laptop to allow me to diagnose etc remotely.
Has anyone done same or similar to this? If so some advice would be much appreciated :).
Remember hearing recently of Allen Bradley releasing a 3G Ethernet Modem but cant find any info or part numbers for it.
Thanx in advance for any help at all.

tragically1969 said:
Something like this ?

http://pt.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/MBM621.aspx

Not industrial but would do the job ?
Yeah basicaly like that from the link you posted but like ya said its not industrial. The envirement its going into varies a reasonable amount in temperature and fair amount of vibration so dont think a standard domestic unit would be suitable. Thats why was curious as to the unit Allen Bradley released. Oh and to sound picky lol din rail mount would be nice too.
Appeciate your quick response and help though :)

www.digi.com
www.sarian.com
www.moxa.com

If you get a SIM card with a public facing IP address you can make a VPN ethernet link from any internet connection. You can get away with a GSM/GPRS modem which tend to be cheaper but the signal latency can be a killer. This info from Sarian is helpful. If you google m2m or 'machine 2 machine' +modem you will find lots of info.

Bryan