9300-RADES Dial-In Ethernet Modem Problems

JulienV

Has anyone experiencing problems with this device? To me it looks like its a plain piece of sh*t and I'm looking for a replacement from another brand. The problems I have is the web admin barely works. Once I apply changes, I have to cycle power to access the Web interface again, but when I do so, It loses the Dial-In configuration (IP adresses) I just saved!! The firmware is 0.90. What a junk... If you have a suggestion for a better device, please do so!

JulienV said:
Has anyone experiencing problems with this device? To me it looks like its a plain piece of sh*t and I'm looking for a replacement from another brand. The problems I have is the web admin barely works. Once I apply changes, I have to cycle power to access the Web interface again, but when I do so, It loses the Dial-In configuration (IP adresses) I just saved!! The firmware is 0.90. What a junk... If you have a suggestion for a better device, please do so!

I have had nothing but grief with these as well. I am now looking at N-Tron http://www.n-tron.com/html/100.html 102RAS

A few years ago, I had two of them to install. One of them worked just fine, and the other one did not.

After tech support got involved, they walked us through a firmware upgrade which seemed to fix the problem.

Apparently the faulty unit had wrong, missing or corrupted firmware although it was labelled the same as the one that worked just fine...
Paul

OkiePC said:
A few years ago, I had two of them to install. One of them worked just fine, and the other one did not.

After tech support got involved, they walked us through a firmware upgrade which seemed to fix the problem.

Apparently the faulty unit had wrong, missing or corrupted firmware although it was labelled the same as the one that worked just fine...
Paul

I heard or read that firmware upgrades help to deal with phone line noise. Most plants I have had these units in had lonnnnnggggg phone line extensions to the control panels where the Rades resided. At the last Automation Fair in Chicago someone stated, long phone line runs should actually be using twisted pair cabling, such as Ethernet cable to help reduce line noise.