9300-RADES, simple question.

Am I correctly assuming that there is no need to assign the 9300-RADES to a ControlLogix rack, as this device is simply a means for Ethernet access via dial up anyway? Also, I can't add this device within the controller as it doesn't show up in the avilaable modules list.

Thanks,

Right, 9300-RADES has no I/O functions so it should not be placed in the I/O tree of the controller.

By contrast, the 1783-series Stratix 6000 and 8000 can be connected for Ethernet diagnostics and port control as though they were I/O modules.

Also remember that the 9300-RADES takes two sequential IP addresses. One if the configuration/status webserver and Default Gateway, and the next is the LAN address it gives to the dialled-in PC. I usually allow it to use 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2.