Course PLC Project # 3: Airlock Door Control

haklyl

Course PLC Project # 3: Airlock Door Control
The airlock with two sliding doors (A and B) has been installed in order to keep a room as free of
dust as possible. Design Ladder diagram to fulfill the following function description.
•​
Function description

Either momentary-contact pushbutton S1 or S2 must be actuated in order to pass the
airlock. In addition to the momentary-contact pushbuttons, signal lamps have been
installed to indicate that the control system has recognized the signal from the associated
pushbutton.
For instance, pushbutton S1 is actuated when a person wants to enter the room. Door A
opens and the person enters the airlock. The door closes again three seconds later. Door B
then opens automatically when door A is closed. An analogous sequence is used for the
reverse direction.
Each door is equipped with two inductive limit switches which signal when the door is
open or closed. In addition, a photoelectric light barrier monitors each entry to the airlock.
The door may not close as long as the light barrier is interrupted. A door opens again
immediately when the associated light beam is interrupted while the door is in the process
of closing or when the associated pushbutton (S1, S2, S3, or S4) is actuated.
It is possible that a person might enter the airlock without first actuating S1 or S2 by
passing through a door that was still open because another person just left the airlock.
Pushbuttons S3 and S4 were therefore installed in the airlock to open door A (S3) or Door
B (S4) in an emergency.
pleas show the atachment

I'll write the code for free. But with the recent postal increases, shipping the code will be a bit pricey.

AH-HA!

I will write it for one payment of $19.99... and I'll include free upgrades for Life for just a small fee for shipping and handling!

Greetings haklyl

As you may have guessed from the fun posts that have been submitted, we don't generally do homework for you, but we will be happy to help you with homework. This forum has an internataional membership, so its likely that some students who come here for help might one day be one of our co-workers, and we would like to have them be competent.

First thing I suggest you do to assign each of your input buttons, proximity switches, photo-switches, and door actuators to an IO address and create a descriptive tag name for it. Next build a table showing the possible states of your outputs and the input conditions that result in those output states. This can be a binary truth table or just a descriptive text list.

When you have that then post again and I'm sure that you will have lots of people who are willing to help you turn the table you have built into PLC code.

While we can work with generic instructions, its also helpful to know what PLC you are working with in your lab.

Last edited: