AWT in PLC5

gakpapa

Hi all
again, need help

i'm trying to use AWT instruction to get an ASCII data from PLC 5/20, but failed
i dunno why
is there any special seeting on the CH0 to use AWT?\

best regards
ruri

Greetings ...

there’s quite a bit going on in the picture - but there should be enough to get you going ...

comm_hyper.JPG

if this doesn’t help, post again with more details about your setup ...

The ASCII Write instruction works in both System and User modes.

Many other ASCII serial port instructions, including AWA, ARL, ACB, etc. require the User mode features or the input buffer, so they do require the port be in User mode.

from Mickey:

Does the port (channel 0) have to be configured as user(ASCII)? Or as you posted it?

as Ken said, either should work ... I didn't go into any real detail - just enough to show that "yes, it CAN be done" ... it looked like the OP just wanted a "getting started" setup ... hopefully this will do the trick ... it worked fine in the lab - and only took a few minutes to get going ...

Ken Roach said:
The ASCII Write instruction works in both System and User modes.

Many other ASCII serial port instructions, including AWA, ARL, ACB, etc. require the User mode features or the input buffer, so they do require the port be in User mode.

Ron Beaufort said:
from Mickey:

as Ken said, either should work ... I didn't go into any real detail - just enough to show that "yes, it CAN be done" ... it looked like the OP just wanted a "getting started" setup ... hopefully this will do the trick ... it worked fine in the lab - and only took a few minutes to get going ...

Thanks, I have not used ASCII instructions. So just wondering.