ET200L Profibus Module

bill4261

Does anyone have a source for old Siemens ET200L Profibus Modules? I have several that are bad and need to be replaced. I don't want to replace with the ET200S.

Thanks in advance.

We had a similar thing a couple of years back.. we used ET200L on one of our standard machines.

When they started to phase it out, Siemens advised us to change to the ET200S 'Compact' series on new builds of the machine - the changeover involved very little engineering as the replacement systems fitted in the same size enclosures.

Last edited:
When they started to phase it out, Siemens advised us to change to the ET200S 'Compact' series on new builds of the machine - the changeover involved very little engineering as the replacement systems fitted in the same size enclosures.[/QUOTE]

A little more programming if you are using high speed counter modules. The discrete is no problem. The cost is the problem.

bill4261 said:
A little more programming if you are using high speed counter modules. The discrete is no problem. The cost is the problem.
There was never any counter module in the ET200L range. Maybe you mean ET200L-SC which was sort of a transition development between ET200L and ET200S.
ET200S is the natural successor to both ET200L and ET200L-SC.
Any ET200L or ET200L-SC stuff that you might find will be old and used already. Not recommended to use as spare parts (unless you are desperate).
Really, it is a no-brainer.

JesperMP said:
There was never any counter module in the ET200L range. Maybe you mean ET200L-SC which was sort of a transition development between ET200L and ET200S.
ET200S is the natural successor to both ET200L and ET200L-SC.
Any ET200L or ET200L-SC stuff that you might find will be old and used already. Not recommended to use as spare parts (unless you are desperate).
Really, it is a no-brainer.

I'll agree with the ET200SC. My customer is ok with the old or used. The cost of changing over would be very expensive.

How long has the machine/system left in it's useful life ? What are the implications of the machine being down due to unavailablity of parts ?

L D[AR2 said:
How long has the machine/system left in it's useful life ? What are the implications of the machine being down due to unavailablity of parts ?

The machines were not used for many years, so the mechanically speaking there are many years left on these presses. They have four presses but all the print heads are interchangeable. So, it's not just change one over at a time. Then all the hardware configuration will be messed up.

Back to the original question: "Does anyone have a source for old Siemens ET200L Profibus Modules? ".
I tried ebay.de (a good way to know if it is possible to find cheap Siemens parts) and found nothing for ET200L or ET200 SC.
Then there are the professional resellers, where you may be lucky to find a part here and another there, but not cheap. They know how to charge !
And of course, you can contact Siemens on a per part exchange programme. One defective part returned grants you the right to buy another refurbished part - VERY expensively.
Oh, and you have used counter modules. A bit out of the absolutely trivial mainstream. Then it will be even worse.

Nah. You and your customer just have to face the reality.
And consider yourself lucky. It will be easy, and ET200S is quite cheap really.