PanelView 1000 Insufficient Space for Opening Project

ivanyo

Hi,

Im tying to run a new project on a PV+ 1000 but it fails to load because of memory space. I added a CF card and moved all the applications to the storage card to try and fix this problem but the panel still gives me the same error.

What should i do...? Im going to try to edit the proble to see if I can make it smaller. But i dont know why the storage card didnt work...

thanks!

This may be of absolutely no help but - we had been in the habit of copying a similar earlier project into a new one then changing the necessary items. This often included graphics.

What we didn't realize is that the when we deleted one graphic off a screen that didn't throw it out of the project. The new graphic was just added to all the others from before. And ALL these graphics, whether being used or not, were downloaded in the .mer resulting in 'too large' errors.

We also realized that it is not always easy to tell which graphics in the 'graphic' section of the project are in use. We wrote a little utility to help here:
http://www.theplcguy.com/MEImageLister/MEImageLister.htm

This helps to list all the graphics in active use in a project so you can determine what to throw out.

I think you need to download the latest firmware files from Rockwell and do an upgrade.
Had a similar issue a while back and it turned out to be firmware and not actual space.
Be careful, you shoud do the upgrade with a flash card and avoid ethernet as this is what rockwell recommends.
The upgrade will wipe out everything on the PV and you start fresh.

I ran into that same problem once.

I found out that using a .jpg as a wallpaper takes up a lot of space. I had about 8 screens with .jpg files set as wallpaper. I was not able to download due to file being too big. I had to go back and remove the .jpg wallpapers and delete them from the program.

The PV+ also can hold several programs in it and only run the one you tell it to from your latest downloaded file. You can go to the config screen and delete any old programs/revisions.

If by chance the .mer that is running presently does not have a goto config button programmed in it. You should be able to create a fairly blank program with nothing but a goto config button, or a shutdown button also does the same thing.

thanks!

You guys were right...i fixed some of the graphics and the program now runs fine...

Thanks for the help