TP270 programming through wincc flexible

nijaseng

Guys

I have one TP270.
early it was programmed in Protool software.But i don't have the backup in protool format or protool software.
I have wincc flexible 2005 software and the backup is also in this format.
I have tried to download this software to TP then the OS/version in the system is not matching with the backup which iam having.
I have updated the OS in my TP . Now I want to load the programme in my tp.

which communication method(MPI/Serial)I can use for programming the TP.
If i can use serial communication then pls give the the configuration of the cable.Somebody told me that fro wincc flexible the serial communication cable not simple RS232

Please help me .I am struggling here

You should use the MPI cable to download the program from WinCC Flex on your PC to the TP270.

If I understand you correctly, you were able to download the OS Update in the TP270, but you can not download the WinCC Flex program? How did you update the OS?

nijaseng said:
Guys

I have one TP270.
early it was programmed in Protool software.But i don't have the backup in protool format or protool software.
I have wincc flexible 2005 software and the backup is also in this format.
I have tried to download this software to TP then the OS/version in the system is not matching with the backup which iam having.
I have updated the OS in my TP . Now I want to load the programme in my tp.

which communication method(MPI/Serial)I can use for programming the TP.
If i can use serial communication then pls give the the configuration of the cable.Somebody told me that fro wincc flexible the serial communication cable not simple RS232

Please help me .I am struggling here

You can use the same cable that you used for downloading the os update for programming. Which cable did you use MPI / Serial?

What exactly is the error message that you get when you try and restore the backup? You can always downgrade the OS of the TP270 if that is the issue...

Thank you for your reply

I have solved the problem, downloaded the programme through MPI .I have updated the OS from wincc itself through MPI . Is there is any cable for serial communication to TP270 with WINCC flex.

Thank u very much

The IF2 port is available for an RS-232 connection to a configuration PC. The IF1A port is available for an RS-232 connection to other PLCs. You should look at the TP 270 Operating Instructions Manual (6AV6691-1DD01-0AB0) or TP 270 Equipment Manual (6AV6591-1DC20-0AB0).