Electro-Craft DDM 019 Permanently "ENABLED"

Rascal

Greetings everyone, I found this forum while Googling for servo info. I have an 019 and UltraWare but the drive is in what seems to be a permanent "Enabled" state. With the external IO power supply and all inputs removed, it is still enabled and no motor selection can be made. The drive parameters cannot be accessed until there is a motor model loaded but one cannot be loaded while enabled. It was working fine...following a master encoder. Just thought there might be a "Trick" out there somewhere. I would reset the EEPROM to factory defaults but that window cant be accessed with the drive enabled either. I'm stumped. Thanks for any help, Rascal

Is your version of Ultraware compatible with the drive?

Also, could there be a problem with a connector between the terminal breakout board (if it has one) and the drive itself?

Okie, The Ultramaster is V 1.6 and worked fine on this drive earlier. The firmware on the drive is V 1.02 (year 1997) When I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the drive, to accept the "N" motors, I got a popup that said "This version is not upgradable". As far as the break out at the I/O connector goes, the input to enable the drive is supplied by an external 12 to 24 vdc PS. This voltage applied to pin 20 enables the drive through an opto isolator. Remove the voltage and it is disabled....normally. I removed the entire connector..power supply and all and its still enabled. There is a utility in Ultramaster that resets the EEPROM to factory settings but it cannot be accessed with the drive enabled. I assume that it is somehow latched through the software or there is internal damage. I guess I'm looking for a trick or secret that is not in the manual.
Thanks for your help Okie.
Rascal