Dl06 Hmi Time Out Fault

stu

Hi Can Anyone Help I Am New To Plcs, I Have A Problem With A Automation Direct Hmi Communicating With A Direct Logic 06 Plc It Is Very Slow When You Press The Buttons On The Hmi Is There Any Way To Adjust The Timing, Do I Have To Adjust It In C-more/ Directlogic Program. I Hope Someone Can Help.

Thanks

Stu

Stu it has been a loooong time since playing with C-mores or DL. I would look at the comms. setup. Is it a 9600? Can you go 38.4K? I had one screen that we added a hold on the buttons because the operator wanted to push it 7~8 times before it happed to change.

thanks for that i will give it a try, do i adjust the com setup on the c- more (hmi)or in the plc?

thanks
stu

Both the PLC & HMI if you change the second com port to 38.4K on the 06 you need to change it on the C-More also. They have to be set at the same baud rate.

I doubt if this is something that will get significantly better by changing the baud rate.

Start by checking the C-More's error log. You get to it by touching the upper left hand corner of the screen and holding until a prompt appears asking if you want to activate the system screen. Answer OK and then touch the "Information" button and then the "Error" tab. There will be a list of all communications errors in chronological order. The description will include what PLC address the C-More was trying to read or write when the communications error occurred.

It may turn out that one of your tags is trying to read an invalid address.

Hi guys
i must have a different version software for c-more because when i try to download the program it says unsupported . any ideas?

stu

You will need to upgrade the firmware in your C-More to match the version level of your software. Go to the "Panel" tab in the navigation area and select "Update Firmware". If you don't already have it on your computer, you can download the latest firmware from the AD website.

The standard location of the firmware on your computer is C:\Program Files\Automation Direct\C-more\Firmware

The firmware file will match your software version. For example, if you have software version 2.00 Build 07.32, the firmware file will be EA02000732.eas