Series 6 to 90/30 Comm via Bus Controllers

jtarasiewicz

I have 2 non- redundant PLC Series Six CPU's. I need to communicate to a 90/30. My idea is to locate a 90/30 locally to the Series Six and communicate via Ethernet. The hard Part is reading the Series Six CPU's via bus controllers to the 90/30 bus Controllers. I know datagrams are involved but have not had to do the actual programming.

Do you already have the Series Six bus controllers? Are they controlling I/O blocks? If so, you will need two 90-30 bus controllers.

Take a look at using Global Data instead of datagrams. There is an example program in chapter 7 of the Series Six bus controller manual, GFK-0171. Once you have

Similar Topics

This is an older system. My supervisor managed to let the magic smoke out of two of the comm boards in the ServoDrive controller, after replacing...
Replies
Views
I have 2 different MTS Temposonics R-Series position sensors being used in a program. Each MTS is tracking a single axis on separate machines...
Replies
Views
Greetings all first wanted to say thanks for all the great info as I have been looking here a lot trying to figure out my issue, but having said...
Replies
Views
Can someone help me with info for a 20-COMM-D (DeviceNET communication module for PowerFlex 70/700) Series A. This module has dipswitches instead...
Replies
Views
I have a IC610CCM105D Data Communications Adapter and I need to connect a RS232 port to it. G.E.'s book shows that a 232<->422 adapter is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom