Profibus Dp With Ag115

ferran

I must comunicate an AG115 with a S7 313 2DP and a TP170A, and more devices. My problem is about the s5 PLC. Which one is the best way to comunicate between both CPU's?. Is a good suggestion an IM308? Can anyone send me any example or more information? Thanks a lot.

The IM308 is a Profibus DP master, so you'll need to set the S7 PLC up as a DP slave if you use it. If you want to exchange data (send/receive) between the 2 PLCs you'll need Profibus CP's in each, a CP5431 in the 115U and a CP342-5 in the S7.

Profibus S7 & S5

I may have sent you this already...but...If I haven't here it is again.

I'm doing this sort of thing between a 115/944b and an 318dp using the IM 308. The fields in the 318 for communicatins look like physical I/O...Input bytes and Output bytes. I used FB192 (from the Siemens website but I think the code may also be on the comprofibus CD) in the 115 thus using data blocks as the data fields. Adding the 170a in the mix can complicate things. I used a TP-27 and had it live on MPI. Your 170 should do MPI too...I think?

Anyhow, if you want to see the 3XX code, the ComProfibus config, and the 115 code, email me at [email protected] and I'll give you what I have. Be advised, this is real tangled code so you need to pay close attention to the fact that the S7 and 308 machines think in bytes and the 115 data blocks think in words.

Lenny