How to programming for encoder?

zai_jnr

Hi everyone,

I'm, now working with Mitsubishi PLC and servo motor. Now, don't know how to make a programming for encoder device. Try study the existing system, but still not understand. How to decide distance of rotation of encoder? There have any calculation I must be done before I start programming?

I suggest you get the manuals for your servo controller. There are usuually good examples (although it is a struggle with the translation somtimes)

What PLC processor, what servo card and what drive do you have?

For more detail device that i use is :

PLC : Mitsubishi / Q02H Series
SErvo Controller : Panasonic / MSDA303A1A

I have the sample programming for old system. But, the problem is i'm not understand why so many calculation inside programming must be done to send signal output from PLC to servo controller before servo motor can running to respective distance or angle.

The calculations will depend on your application.

You will be sending over things like

Acceleration, Speed, Ramp type (S Curve etc), Distance.

Depending on the application further scaling be required, such as operator is working in mm but servo is acting in 0.001 inches

Without having any iea of the machine application it is impossible to say

Cheers