Encoder programming guide?

brstilson

Doing my first program with an encoder ever. SLC 5/03 processor with a 1746-HSCE card. I have a dual channel single-ended 30ppr encoder I'm hooking up. I'm adding an additional encoder to an existing program. It's a little different application than the existing one, and I do have the existing program to reference, but I was wondering if there was a more step-by-step oriented guide out there that goes through the theory of operation and what the card expects to see. Like a kind of checklist where it's "first set up this, then this," etc.

Google the manual for 1746-HSCE and everything is covered there.
It made everything clear when I was programming it without any reference or prior experience.
It works well for encoders and high speed inputs.
Tom