siemens profinet stop

sapoleon

Hi again.
I'm working currently in a project, where we have a Siemens plc, CPU315-2 PN/DP. We are using profinet to interact with Cognex cameras.
All its working OK... but...
When for any reason, the cameras are not in the network, the PLC stops, and I have to manually reset it.
I know there are some OBs that when in use, make that the PLC don't get into Stop mode, but I don't think if this is the case or which OB to use.

Can someone help me with this? I'm still looking in siemens support also...

Thanks

This is the PLC log (FC91 is the one calling the PIB of the camera)

Event 5 of 10: Event ID 16# 4563
STOP caused by I/O access error (OB not loaded or not possible, or no FRB)
Breakpoint in user program: Cyclic program (OB1)
Priority class: 1
FC number: 91
Module address: 26
Previous operating mode: RUN
Requested operating mode: STOP (internal)
Internal error, Incoming event
03:00:06.952 AM 02/27/1994

Last edited:
You need OB122 for dealing with i/o access errors. A blank OB122 loaded into the plc will prevent it from going into stop. This will apply to all the peripheral i/o, not just the cameras so you have to decide what you want to do long term.

Thanks.
I think i tried all the other obs, except that one :)

It may work without problem, we don't use too many I/O in this system, just a few to make handshake with the robots that place the parts to be read by the cameras.
Most of the I/O is with this cameras, and we will have to add more of them, so we can't have the system going Off every time, for some reason, the camera isn't responding.

In any case, i'll study the consequences a little bit more.