Siemens Profinet Interface

Tnorman

Hi all,

I am a AB guy tying to figure out Siemens' system integration. I have been asked by my company to install new IO for Siemens 315 CPU running TIA V13, for a new feature of current working equipment.

Talking with my Siemens rep, we came up with the following list of IO, based upon availability.

Profinet Interface:
6ES7 155-5AA00-0AA0
Analog Input:
6ES7 531-7QF00-0AB0
Digital Input:
6AG1 521-1BH00-7AB0
Digital Output:
6ES7 522-1BH01-0AB0

Tonight, I went to configure the hardware in TIA portal, and found out that I could not simply place the 6AG1 521-1BH00-7AB0 (Digital Input) onto the Profinet Interface within the device view. However, I could with the other two cards.

Does anyone know if this Digital Input card can work with the Profienet Interface? I have an email in with my Siemens rep but was wondering what others had to say on the subject.

Thank you.

CPU 315.png

The input card slots on to the CPU "rack", it is not for the Profinet interface.
The input card listed (6AG1 521-1BH00-7AB0) cannot be installed in an S7-300 rack.
It does however slot into an ET200MP rack, which starts with the IM155 Profinet IM module as shown in the screenshot by Tnorman.

The question Tnorman asks is: Why cant he add the digital input module to the ET200MP rack, when he can add the other modules ?
I dont know myself, if the card is in the catalog, then it should be supported by TIA V13.
And it is a standard digital input card, nothing special about it.

Tnorman, please post a screenshot where you have the digital module in view in the catalog, and the next free slot selected.
Also, when you try to drop the digital input into a free slot, do you get any message as to why it cannot be placed in the slot ?

N.B. your TIA V13 is ancient.

6AG1 is usually a SIPLUS card, with extended temp range & conformal coating. It's identical to a "normal" 6es7 card, except with better ratings/survivability/testing. It's odd to have just 1 SIPLUS card in a rack (usually all or nothing), but sometimes reality is wild, and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do because purchasing.

I think older versions of Portal don't have the SIPLUS components in teh catalog directly. You configure the equivalent part number in TIA, DL, and the HW doesn't know the difference.

a quick googling says to use: 6ES7521-1BH00-0AB0, but i'd recommend running that thru a sanity check.

I missed that it is a Siplus card.
I think it was a mistake and you can select the non-siplus card.
The non-Siplus card 6ES7521-1BH00-0AB0 is in stock, at least at Siemens in Germany.