Maintenace Audit

Joel Mancilla

Hello Guys,

I've been guest in this web site for almost 3 years and I love reading those Q & A even some of the topics I don't understand. Formerly I was a electrical technician here in our company, because they said I performed well to my job they promoted me as a PRODUCTION PLANNER ofcourse as a being human I accept it and I almost 1 year in this position. After I stablished the task I'm only doing monitoring, because of that they gave me additional responsibility which is an INTERNAL AUDITOR in particular maintenance department (Maintenace program). Now my problem is, I have no idea how it will be perfrom. Anybody can give me or can share their experienced for being auditor, how do I start?

Your reply would be highly appriciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Joel

Congrats on your promotion

:)

Bro,

Maybe you want to do some "Spares Planning" for your maintenance department. I think its gonna a big job in the beginning, because you have to begin in a small thing up to major things the details and specifications of parts of your machine. After that you have to know also the price and the life expentancy of the parts your going to plan. So i think it is involve also here the Predictive Maintence and you have to coordinate with you Maintenance Planning Engineer.

I already done this job before here, but only a couple of months because I was transferred in projects. If one of our Spare Planning Engineer still here, maybe we can ask him for some help or advice.

Don't worry a lot of people here will also share thier advice. Just keep online on this site.

Good Luck...

Bro! na-received mo ba e-mail ko?

Actually we're only small company composed of 35 personnel. Pre all I need is, They want me to do an INTERNAL AUDIT in a matter of they have prevetive maintenance program? my problem is if they have, is that correct? are they doing the plan accordingly? They are expected me to improve their maintenace program. Kasi bro, we only have one line 5 machines but, our engineers does not performing well. In addition this is for the preparation to the ISO.
can you please give me an idea how did you do your maintenance (machines) or do you have maintenance program?
Naiintindihan mo ako Bro? medyo OBOB ako sa english pasencya ka na.

Thanks
Joel

I receive it.

Don't worry about your english, even me find difficult to speak nor write with it, anyway what important is we can be able to understand.

As far as my concern Bro, Spare and Maintenance Planning should be coordinate all the times. The accuracy of the Maintenance Planning is also depends on the accuracy of the spares planning, this two are involved all the times. Thats why your maintenance Planner always insist you to do that job. Its gonna be a big break for your part Bro, just concentrate on it. Here, since we have two mill already, we proposed to separate the Job of Spares Planning and Maintenance Planning because if it's done by only one person, its gonna take a lot of time. Regarding ISO, its about documentation...so document first all the part list you have there. Do the step by step procedures first. About Internal Audit, I think this is the Job of your Accountant isn't it?

Anyway, much better, you have to log also here in www.patchn.com and a lot of there will answer your question. I will try here to do searching also and ask some of our fellow countrymen...

Last edited:
I think it might be possible that they want you to audit the jobs being done by the maintenance mechanic. If you already have a preventative maintenance program in place, the mechanic would probably have some sort of a check list that needs to be gone through on a weely, monthly, yearly, etc. This audit is probably just to see if the preventive maintenance is getting done correctly or possibly to check the reliability of the mechanics involved.. Maybe this will help you..

Best regards

Joel Mancilla said:
Hello Guys,

Anybody can give me or can share their experienced for being auditor, how do I start?

Your reply would be highly appriciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Joel

Bro,

Try to check this one I made here in our plant, maybe this sample can give you an idea.

Good luck.

you can't audit unless there is a process

I guess your first goal will be to see what standards, plans, documentation presently are used. Concurrently determine the level of support ($$$$) for needed changes for ISO9000(?) compliance.

There need to be written safety, quality, and process plans that can be objectively verified with documentation.

If you are prepping for iso the MOST IMPORTANT issue is to have a written process for what is probably happening in an ad hoc manner currently. Then follow (and audit compiance with) the written process.

Re: Bro! na-received mo ba e-mail ko?

Joel Mancilla said:
Actually we're only small company composed of 35 personnel. Pre all I need is, They want me to do an INTERNAL AUDIT in a matter of they have prevetive maintenance program? my problem is if they have, is that correct? are they doing the plan accordingly? They are expected me to improve their maintenace program.
Thanks
Joel

I agree with Thomas.

Bro,

I talked to one of our collegues here, about internal audit. He told me, maybe you mean here is Auditing as per ISO requirements. I haven't experience the auditing because I was not yet ISO certified to do this. Before you make an Internal Audit, you have to take a seminar with them and have a certificate, if you don't have this, it means you are not allowed to do so.

He told me, the one thing you make sure to check with them is their plan for improvement. You check their previous record about the problem(s) they encountered and see their action plan with it. After that see the current record they have, to see if that action taken is effective, if not their action plan is nothing. Check also if their follow their proper procedure for maintenance, like Maintenance Checklist, Maintenance Procedure, Reports, etc. Your main objective for this type of job is the "effectiveness of their action plan".

Hope this one give you an idea.

Last edited:
BRO/BUHSMAN/THOMAS

Many many thanks to your inputs.
I have spoken to my superior earlier, he told me same you're inputs. All I need is to counter check their Maintenance Plan: Is the plan is effective? They don't miss any PM ? Does their activity have supporting documents (Check list,Action Plan, Etc.)? and others. and he wants me to come up any proposal if they not meet my expectation.
Most of all BRO you're correct i need to undergo in seminar.
BRO thanks for the attachd file it would be great help to us.

Warm Regards.
Joel

Joel,

I hate to tell you this, but there is a push to meet ISO-14001 on many multinational companies. If your company only does business locally, then......