Speeding up WinCC flex 2007

Werner

Hi!

Do you guys have some tips on how to speed up WinCC flexible 2007?

For instance what I would like is to switch of the menu animations. (You can switch it off for XP so you might be able to do the same for WinCC flexible).

Maybe any other tips? All help is welcome...

Work with projects stored on a local drive, not a network drive.
Use a fast HD (RAID 0 = striped disks ?)
2 GB RAM.
Huge monitor, so you dont have to open and close the various sub-windows all the time.

JesperMP said:
Work with projects stored on a local drive, not a network drive.
Use a fast HD (RAID 0 = striped disks ?)
2 GB RAM.
Huge monitor, so you dont have to open and close the various sub-windows all the time.

:)

I have project on local drive
I have 2GB Ram
I have laptop (don't know if that is a fast drive)
The huge monitor is lacking...

2 out of 4 is not bad...

Werner said:
I have laptop (don't know if that is a fast drive)
Laptop HDs are typically slower than HDs on stationary PCs.
This is the main problem with running Flex on a laptop.
I have 2 PCs, a stationary which is "owned" by the IT department, and a laptop for traving which is "owned" by me. 90% of my programming work is on the stationay PC.