In S7-300 Only first module detecting the CPU

Utco

Hi All,
I am new for S7-300 PLC Programming.
:cry:
I tried, observed that only first module in Rack (whichever the module DI, DO or DI/DO) the only first module is active!
Can anybody tell me if I am missing anything?
My CPU is 315 2PN/DP.
Thanks in Advance!

Sorry JesperMP!
But every LED on CPU and Diagnotics is showing every thing OK.
How to troubleshoot this can you tell me?
(The backplane connector, The CPU, the modules everything I replaced and checked! already!)

Yes! I have already the supply on L and M.
When these cards are replced (e.g. second to first ) with the hardware configuration. Then it operates, but the second card in this case not active!
Means the same supply of card in rack on 4th place gets operated but not at 5 th postion.

Last edited:
Can you tell me is there any expansion limit setting in S7-300 available?
Because the only first expansion card is active for my PLC.

I think that the CPU and card and the backplane are all OK. This because there is no errors reported.
I think the problem is electrical somehow.

The card(s) that do not work, are they input cards or output cards ?
Analog or digital ?

Are the terminal blocks FULLY seated ? The 16-point terminals can be placed in a middle half-seated position. I am not sure what the idea is with this "feature".

If digital input, does the LED light up when voltage is applied ?
What does a VAT table indicate for the input if voltage is on ?

If digital output, does the LED light up if you Force it ?

My all cards are digital (DI, DO, And DI/DO)
Now trying on 32 DI and 32 DO (Terminals are with bolts at middle and no question of sitting what I think!)
The LEDs lights up when voltage applied to input card.
But when going online the status is not changing!

Last edited:
I vaguely remember that there were a similar thread some time ago.
I/O modules not changing values when monitoring online, no errors reported, LEDs working.
But I dont remember if it was on this forum or somewhere else.
I think that the problem was cleared by exchanging the CPU.
Maybe someone else can remember that thread.

You can also try to post your archived project. I can check if there is anything odd in the configuration.