Frequency/DIO to DAC

cnford1

I have purchased my first PLC (T100MD888+) and totaly new to PLCs. My question is: How would I take a frequency (0 to 300hz) which will be the speed to move and a digital Input which is direction (0 or 12V) and scale that to an analog out put. I need the DAC out put to feed into another microcontroller which will then drive my speed controllers for the motors. The microcontroller itself will not make the frequency and digital conversion and that is why I am using the PLC and interfacing it to the microcontroller via an analog input. Could someone please give me some thoughts on how I would do this.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Clyde

New at PLCs

have purchased my first PLC (T100MD888+) and totaly new to PLCs.
You seem to be off to a challenging start with the effort you have laid out.
How would I take a frequency (0 to 300hz) which will be the speed to move
I am not familiar with the PLC you mentioned above but it looks like an old TI part number but I am not sure about that. The problem of getting the frequency output you need in terms of an analog signal is not all that complex, assuming that the plc you have will do some of the work for you. If you need the analog output to drive your "speed controllers" then getting an analog module and programming the plc to convert your intended frequencies in to say 4-20 ma or 0-10 VDC will solve that problem. However, you being "totally new" to the world of plcs is going to make this a real task for you. If you want advice, this is the place to get it. If you need more than that, then you might consider signing up for a vendor sponsored seminar in your area or hiring a consultant. Trying to take anyone from "brand new" to programming analog outputs is a little daunting. There are some relatively easy steps involved depending on which plc you have and what it is capable of doing. The lower down the scale the plc is, meaning cost and features, the harder it is to program this kind of control. But, it is not impossible so don't give up. As to the digital input for direction of rotation, that is a snap and can be programmed to turn on an output for forward, and another for reverse if need be. Some drives today are single input so if they are not in reverse, they are in forward by default. But, as I said, that part is really big time easy.
So, without a little more detail on your situation, meaning the analog output you need to use, the instructions available to do analog output programming and all that, it is just about impossible to tell you more that will help. Most anyone here can describe how they have done this in their plc of choice but that will do you no good if your plc is different.