Radio Frequency test

siva_maddala

hai to every one

welcome to automation world. My name is siva. I am working as a plc,scada programmer. Recently we are doing one project on allen bradley. The project is just now started. The customer asking some test regarding allen bradley plcs. The test is radio frequency test . What is the radio frequency test if any one knows please send the information . waiting for the reply

thanks and regards

M.SIVA

Does the project involve radio communications? In that case they may be looking for a test of the available frequencies and the communications paths between locations.

Why not ask the customer? If you don't know and they do, you can't keep it hidden from them forever. Honesty really is the best policy. If they don't know either then perhaps the whole requirement is a cut and paste error from another project and would be eliminated.

I work in a Pharma enviroment. Maintenance mechanics use walkie-talkies throughout the facility, both inside and outside of the buildings. We started doing radio frequency testing many years ago after an incident where we had a temperature spike occur an a sterilizer. We didn't find any problems with the sterilizer but the operator noted that there was a mechanic using a radio close to the control panel at the time of the incident. We were able to duplicate the spike consistently by keying the mic within a few feet of the control panel.

Since then, we require testing of all new and upgraded control systems as part of system validation. We have many areas of the facility where two way radios and cell phones are not permitted.

In our case, a "test failure" doesn't mean that anything needs to be modified, just that radio use near it would not be permitted.