Devicenet Problem with Cavotec Base Radio

Ryan_Ge

I would like to request everyone's help so i can enjoy the holiday seasons.

Our PLC for our Ship Unloader (Allen Bradley) suddenly lost all controls and we suspected that there might have been problems on our devicenet which has 3 converters, 1 ASI Module and 1 Cavotec Base (for Radio remote controller, E010 "no plc communication" error)

We have restored the communication and controls with the 3 converters and 1 ASI module but we have trouble regarding the Cavotec base radio since it could be detected by RSlinx but not in RSNetworkx (Dnet). With this we cannot resume operations due to this problem.

The devicenet is connected to the Anybus Devicenet (by HMS networks) Interface in the radio base unit

So I would like to request advise on how to configure so the Anybus could communicate with the PLC

It's been a week that we have been facing this dilemma.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Provide as much detail as you can about the system. The more, the better !

What kind of PLC controller does it use ? Is there a scanner module in the PLC system that is giving you a diagnostic code for the radio base unit ?

What exact model of radio, and what sort of HMS device is it using ? HMS makes a broad variety of network interfaces, including ones that work as "daughterboard" or plug-in adapters in other companies products.

Did you figure out what sort of failure knocked the network offline in the first place ? A power surge, or broke cable, or a power supply failure ?

If you see it in rslinx and can you upload the eds file from the radio thru rslinx?
If you can upload the eds file in rslinx, then you should be able to add it to the devicenet scanner card configuration.

Do you have the old Devicenet configuration file?
If you do not, then try to get online with the devicenet scanner card and upload the configuration from the scanner card.

If you see unknown devices in your rsnetworx for devicenet then you need to resolve these by either uploading the eds file from the device if that is possible or get the eds file from the manufacturer of the device.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Provide as much detail as you can about the system. The more, the better !

What kind of PLC controller does it use ? Is there a scanner module in the PLC system that is giving you a diagnostic code for the radio base unit ?

What exact model of radio, and what sort of HMS device is it using ? HMS makes a broad variety of network interfaces, including ones that work as "daughterboard" or plug-in adapters in other companies products.

Did you figure out what sort of failure knocked the network offline in the first place ? A power surge, or broke cable, or a power supply failure ?
We are using Logix 5561, and the indicating error is in the LED display of our MC-Link radio base of MC 3-6 Cavotec terminal.

Also, this base radio is using HMS M00279 3266-140 Anybus card.
What we have done so far was to replace the Devicenet module.

Our current problem is how to configure the base radio to communicate with PLC.

Thank you for those details !

That part number looks like it is an "AnyBus-S DeviceNet Adapter Interface", an embedded board built by HMS for integration to third-party products.

It first came out over 20 years ago, and has been out of production for at least five years.

https://www.anybus.com/products/gat...-devicenet-adapter-interface?ordercode=AB4004

The support documents available from HMS are on that webpage link.

Do you have any backup records about the radio configuration, or the RSNetworx for DeviceNet configuration ?

Please explain precisely what you meant by "it can be detected by RSLinx but not by RSNetworx for DeviceNet" ?

Do you mean that the device simply shows a question mark or unknown device icon ?

That might be as simple as not having the Electronic Data Sheet registered on the computer that is running RSNetworx.

You can download the EDS file directly from HMS, then use the EDS Hardware Installation Tool utility (installed with RSLinx) to register it on your computer.

https://www.anybus.com/technical-support/pages/files-and-documentation?ordercode=AB4004